God's Vision for First Baptist Friendswood
Over the next seven years we will prepare and send disciple-making missionaries who strengthen families, love neighbors, and transform communities with the gospel.
To see this vision of sending disciple-making missionaries into our families, neighborhoods and communities, we must:
See the magnitude of need in our communities
- 61,000 people live in our defined, reachable area.
- Though median income is high and our families are “successful,” brokenness lies just behind your neighbor’s closed door.
- We are ideally located at the intersection of three counties and several cities.
What have we done in Phase 1?
- New parking lot: We added 56 parking spaces, a new entrance and new signage along S. Friendswood Dr.
- Worship Center Improvements: We have enhanced our worship experience by installing new flooring, purchasing new chairs, upgrading our audio/visual system, extending the stage, and painting the interior. Through these changes, we are better equipped to fulfill our strategy of worship.
What do we still need to do?
- The Commons: A new gathering space that creates an obvious front door to our church and provides a place for members and guests to connect with one another and our church family.
- Worship Center Extension: We will extend the current church foyer to create a larger, more inviting, and modern entrance to our worship center.
Phase 1 approximate cost: $5.1 million
The Commons cost: $4.3 million
Our Goal to complete The Commons: $1.4 million needed by the end of 2024.
Our prayer is that you would catch the vision that God has given us. We want you to pray that God would use you to carry out this vision. And, we want your family to pray about your involvement in the “Prepare the Way” campaign. We trust that God will lead you to give sacrificially beyond the tithe toward this God-sized vision.
Your financial commitment to “Prepare The Way” should be based on meaningful spiritual reflection on how God is leading you to invest in the vision of the church. In this season, take the time to…
- Pray — Seek God’s guidance, asking Him to renew your heart for the church and for your neighbors, and to lead your decisions.
- Listen — As you read through the materials and listen to the messages, which aspects of “Prepare The Way” resonate with your spirit? What do you sense God saying to you about your walk with Him, about stewardship, and about your relationship to your church?
- Discuss — Talk to your spouse and/or family members to see how God is confirming your commitment. Talk to trusted friends and leaders at First Baptist Friendswood to learn from their stewardship journeys.
- Consider — What is your capability and potential for giving? Think beyond your current income. Do you have non-income assets that could be gifted? Is there a sacrifice the Lord might be calling you to make?
- Commit — Develop a personal/family giving plan — weekly, monthly, annually, one-time, or a combination of these — for three years that will enable you to reach your giving goals.
Each of us can give more than we think is possible by giving over a three-year period. Let’s say you decide to give $6,000 towards Prepare the Way. That breaks down to:
- $3,000 per year
- $250 per month
Think about this...
- The average American spends $766 a year on coffee.
- The average American family spends $300 a month eating out.
- The average American family spends $335 a month on entertainment.
Additional Ways to Give
- Appreciated Asset Giving is giving by transferring assets such as stocks, bonds, artwork, donor-advised funds, or real estate to the church.
- Redirected Expenditures occur when funds can be directed toward God’s work as other financial obligations are fulfilled during the campaign. These might include tuition payments, car loans, etc.
- Personal Property Gifts are the giving of a home, vacation home, commercial property, or land.
- Bequests are given by naming First Baptist Friendswood as a beneficiary in a will.
Tax rules are complex, so please be sure to consult your tax professional and the church business office for specific advice with regard to your situation.