December 17, 2020
Are you meeting in-person for worship?
Yes, we have in-person worship at 9:30 am and 11:00 am each Sunday morning unless otherwise communicated on this page or via our email/text communication. You can sign up for email updates at https://www.firstbaptistfriendswood.org/enewsletter-sign-up or receive text message communications by texting the keyword SIGNUP to 346-245-5168.
Is everyone required to wear a mask during services?
Yes, we’re asking everyone to please wear a face mask (over mouth and nose) at all times while you are on the First Baptist Friendswood campus, including during worship services, Bible studies, and other gatherings.
We’re also asking all children 10 years old or older to wear masks while on campus because we do not have the ability to social distance in most of our buildings. Having all the kids 10 years old and older wear masks gives everyone more freedom to move around, allowing them to play games in their Sunday School Classes and have a more normal KidMo and Club 56 experience.
If you forget to bring a mask, we will have some available. We ask that families sit together in the worship service. With our remodeled worship center, we spread out the chairs to help with social distancing.
Will my temperature be taken as I enter the campus?
We are not conducting temperature screenings for members or guests. All of our preschool and children’s volunteers self-screen before arriving each week. We are asking everyone to self-screen at home before you leave. If you have a fever of 100.4 degrees or above, a cough or sore throat, shortness of breath, or contact in the past 14 days with anyone confirmed to have COVID–19, please stay home and worship with us online.
What if I am not comfortable worshipping in person?
That is okay! Everyone has a different level of comfort and different circumstances, so please do what you feel is best for you and your family, whether that’s attending in person or joining us online. On Sundays, we stream our online services at www.firstbaptistfriendswood.org/livestream or Facebook – www.facebook.com/firstbaptistfriendswood.
How are the facilities being cleaned and prepared for worship services?
- Extensive cleaning and disinfecting procedures will take place regularly across campus.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at entries and exits, as well as throughout the buildings.
- Our services and guest interactions will be intentionally touch-free (no hugs or handshakes).
What preventative steps I can take?
- Those in attendance should make every effort to keep a distance of 6 feet or greater between themselves and others.
- Wear face covering at all times while on campus.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and use hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
What happens if someone tests positive that has been at church or a ministry function?
We will follow the CDC guidelines for close contact. In short, people who are identified as close contact should follow the current CDC protocols.
Please read the detailed information regarding 14, 10, and 7-day quarantine protocols:
Here is a brief summary of close contact conditions:
1) Anyone who was within 6 feet of someone who has Covid-19 for a cumulative 15 minutes or more.
2) Anyone who hugged or had other direct physical contact with someone who has Covid-19.
3) Anyone who shared eating or drinking utensils with someone who has Covid-19.
4) Anyone who was near someone who has Covid-19 when he/she coughed, sneezed, or otherwise shared respiratory droplets.
In the event the church is made aware of a person who has been present at a First Baptist Friendswood gathering and tests positive for Covid-19 within 72 hours of the event, the church leadership will inform the congregation. With the help of the individual, we will attempt to identify all those who came in close contact, notifying them of the close contact with a COVID positive individual. We will notify close contact individuals of the CDC guidelines (see link above).
If you have tested positive for Covid-19 and need to contact the church, please email or call us:
The Church Staff